Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Are you the creator of Hi and Lois? Because you are making me laugh.

As I mentioned in the my column in Brickshitter #3 (which can be downloaded HERE) I've gotten back into reading comics in the last year. And by back into I mean way more than when I was little, because I can actually afford to buy a lot of comics now, instead of agonizing over which two issues i could afford that week out of my allowance. These days I have twenty some odd titles in my pull bin that I get every month, along with whatever random stuff I pick up each week. I was going to start writing about it in my regular blog, but I figure not many people out of everyone who reads that (MILLIONS) care about comics, and I really enjoy overextending myself with these little bullshit projects/blogs/zines, so I decided to make a whole new blog, dedicated just to comics. After this first entry, I'm just going to focus on whatever I picked up that Wednesday. (I REALLY hope if you're reading this you know that Wednesday is "new comics day", because, I mean, what kind of LOSER doesn't know that?)

For starters, the following are the books I subscribe to/have in my pull bin. Alphabetically, because thats how the Midtown Comics site lists them.

100 Bullets
All-Star Batman and Robin
All-Star Superman
American Virgin
Army @ Love
DMZ
Loveless
Scalped
Shazam: The Monster Society of Evil
Y The Last Man
Fell
Pirates of Coney Island
Boys
Captain America
Ghost Rider: Trail Of Tears
Daredevil
Immortal Iron Fist
New Avengers
Moon Knight
Powers
Punisher
Punisher War Journal
Thunderbolts
Ultimate Spiderman
Wolverine
Wolverine: Origins.

With the exception of a few that aren't monthly (Fell and All Star Batman and Robin are pretty irregular, and The Boys is switching publishers) I'll get to these as each weeks batch rolls in. I also generally pick up a few things not on this list each week, which I'l go through as well, but they'll be marked with an asterisk (thats a " * " for the people who really do only read comics and not, you know, actual books).

The alternate title for this blog that went unused because it's too long was "What, you think just cause a guy reads comics he can't start some shit!??!!"

I feel like that's a pretty good point to end this little intro.
---------------
And don't forget to check out my other blog (Loyal Army Of Prostitutes) and my photo blog (Hindsight is 20/20, My Friend). Because your life must already be riding pretty low in the saddle if you're reading this, and those certainly can't make it any worse.

No comments: